Portage College is a leading Public Post-Secondary College in Alberta with DLI Number : O111010246767. It has been at the forefront of high-quality education in the region for over 50 years.
Portage College has over 7 campuses spread across northeast Alberta and its partnership with CIOT College has opened up the opportunity of getting an excellent education in the metro city of Alberta in the Calgary area. This partnership brings several advantages to international students including gaining the benefits of studying in an international environment with students from diverse backgrounds while benefiting from the advantages of public college programs such as the Post Graduate Work Permit program.
Why Portage College in Alberta?
Portage College connects people with knowledge, skills, and opportunities, empowering them to transform themselves and make a difference. Collaboration, inclusion, and a commitment to success and accountability are at the core of Portage College’s values. Board governed and operating publicly under the Alberta Post-secondary Learning Act, Portage College has been serving the region for over 50 years and is proud to be the first choice for learners in northeast Alberta. The College boasts seven strategically located campuses throughout the region.
CAMPUS OF PORTAGE COLLEGE
- Boyle Campus : This campus is located 160 km north of Edmonton and offers amazing hands-on training for our Heavy Equipment Operator program. Onsite facilities include a classroom, training yard, and equipment including grades, dozers and excavators.
- Cold Lake : Situated in the Lakeland district, Cold Lake is home to a variety of activities from boating, fishing, swimming, waterskiing and wakeboarding to snowmobiling, snowboarding, hiking and more.
- Frog Lake First Nations : This is located about two and a half hours east of Edmonton. It is located approximately 90 km north of Lloydminster and 80 km south of Cold Lake on Secondary Highway 897.
- Lac La Biche : From the shores of Lac La Biche lake to the acres of boreal forest that surround the community, Lac La Biche has a multitude of outdoor adventures to offer.
- Saddle Lake Cree Nation : This is located on Highway 652, approximately 180 km northeast of the City of Edmonton, Alberta, 26 km west of the Town of St. Paul.
- St. Paul : St. Paul, Alberta has all the services you could want including an excellent education, hospital, medical centres, and daycare/day home services. There are shopping centres, numerous sports and recreational facilities including a swimming pool, bowling alley and an 18-hole golf course.
- Whitefish (Goodfish) Lake First Nation : The Goodfish Lake open campus is a learning environment to support students aged 15 years and older. Its purpose is to incorporate foundational learning techniques to build on students’ strengths and initial career interests.
- Calgary Campus : CIOT College is located in Calgary city.
OFFER LETTER – ACCEPTANCE RATE, TIME & FEE
Portage College Average Offer Letter Time?
If you apply through our portal we will submit the application within 24 hours to the College (excluding Sunday). Portage college usually takes 7-10 Days to issue an offer letter / Letter of Acceptance.
Offer Letter Fee?
Once you are ready to submit the application the offer letter fee is $53.50 CAD per application and that is non-refundable once the application got submitted.
Portage College has an acceptance rate of 76% with a fairly easy admission process. Students who had higher grades are preferred first at Portage College.
Portage College is a public college in Alberta. To get admission at Portage & CIOT the minimum level of education required to in any Undergraduate course is Class 12th with min Percentage required is 50.0% or more maximum. If you want to apply for a post-graduate diploma or Certificate program min education required is a Bachelor’s degree of 5 years with min percentage required 50.0% Percentage and a maximum GAP acceptable of up to 10 Years.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS
IELTS Requirement :
- For UG Level Courses: IELTS Overall: 6.0 Band (Min Listening: 5.5, Min Reading: 5.5, Min Speaking: 5.5, Min Writing: 5.5)
- For PG Level Courses: IELTS Overall: 6.5 Band (Min Listening: 6.0, Min Reading: 6.0, Min Speaking: 6.0, Min Writing: 6.0)
PTE Requirement :
- For UG Level Courses: 58 Score
- For PG Level Courses: 60 Score
To apply at Portage College they mainly provide you with four intakes January 2023, Feb 2023, May 2023, July 2023 & Sept 2023 by which Portage remains active throughout the whole year in terms of intakes.
CLASSES PER WEAK
Portage at CIOT College operates for 3 working days per week. The total Study Hours for Undergraduate courses in SAIT is 15 hrs a week. So, a total of 5 hrs per day.
COURSE AT PORTAGE COLLEGE
- Diploma in Community Social Work – Tuition: $13,358.00
- Diploma in Natural Resources Technology Program – Tuition: $13,610.00
- Diploma in University Transfer – Tuition: $13,524.00
- Diploma in Business Administration-Accounting – Tuition: $11,844.00
- Diploma in Culinary Arts – Tuition: $12,121.00
- Diploma in Business Administration – Management – Tuition: $13,524.00
- Diploma in Early Learning & Child Care – Tuition: $11,000.00
- Diploma in Artisan Entrepreneurship – Tuition: $11,034.00
- Diploma in Educational Assistant – Tuition: $11,000.00
- Diploma in Business Administration – Management Specialization – Tuition: $15,500.00
- Diploma in University Studies – Tuition: $13,524.00
- Diploma in Practical Nurse – Tuition: $13,440.00
- Advanced Diploma in Care Paramedic – Tuition: $15,755.00
- Certificate in Educational Assistant – Tuition: $11,000.00
- Certificate in Hairstyling – Tuition: $26,287.00
- Certificate in Fine Arts – Tuition: $11,856.00
- Certificate in Office Administration – Tuition: $13,524.00
- Certificate in Aboriginal Art Certificate – Tuition: $12,090.00
- Certificate in Primary Care Paramedic – Tuition: $16,850.00
- Certificate in Business Administration – Tuition: $13,524.00
- Certificate in Accounting Technician – Tuition: $11,856.00
- Certificate in Early Learning & Child Care – Tuition: $11,000.00
- Certificate in Emergency Medical Responder – Tuition: $9,748.00
Portage College is among the Top 5 Colleges in Alberta Province in 2023. As per our review, we “Apply Study Visa” Ranked Portage College at No. 112 all over Canada. As per Ranking Portage College is ranked below from different sources :
Webometrics World Ranking: 14532
Times Higher Education Ranking: 2354
QS World Ranking: 2454
US News & World Report Ranking: 765
Country Rank: 112
International students who are refused their study permit or who do not meet the conditions of their offer will receive a full refund of fees paid minus a $200 administrative fee. For refused study permits students must provide proof of the refusal (copy of Immigration document) within the first 10 days of classes.